Texans for Sensible Immigration Policy
Keep Texas Red With Immigration Reform!
Concurrent with controlling the border, we need do the following:
- Create a US citizen list and modernize our 1936 social security card, thereby eliminating counterfeits.
- Demand a criminal background check of every non-citizen, assessing penalties where appropriate.
- Issue guest worker permit cards with modern technology, allowing those approved to work only for employers that deduct and match taxes. This will discourage misclassification (1099 fraud).
- Allow no shortcuts to citizenship other than military service.
- Establish market-based adequate quotas for new guest workers with citizen first incentives.
What is amnesty?
- Amnesty is the status quo.
- Amnesty is letting illegals stay here – unidentified, uncounted, undocumented and untaxed.
- Amnesty is shouting for self-deportation – an impossible fantasy that will never happen.
- Amnesty is denouncing those with real solutions – those who want to eliminate the job magnet in this country that causes the illegal immigrant flood.
- Amnesty is shouting, but doing absolutely nothing to realistically solve the problem.
“Those who suppose themselves to be opposing amnesty are in fact perpetuating it!”
We need a sensible immigration policy that secures the border and recognizes the need for continued employment of the current immigrant workforce and a program to meet future employment needs. Such a policy would:
- Secure the border, and use our "Special Forces" to eliminate the Drug Cartels, Smugglers and Thugs.
- Create a pathway to "legal status" for our illegal immigrant workforce (those with no violent criminal record). Issue Positive ID permits allowing work and travel. Allow no shortcut to citizenship except for military service.
- Allow the "permit workers" to only work for employers that withhold and match taxes, thus eliminating the misclassification of illegal immigrants as "independent contractors."
- Develop a viable and efficient visa work program that allows for a timely and reasonable flow of immigrant workers to meet future employment needs
- We are proposing the following “plank” or resolution be adopted by the Texas Republican Party.
Stop Illegal Immigration
Texans resolve to urge Congress to develop a SENSIBLE IMMIGRATION POLICY!
Americans deserve a policy that effectively controls our borders, positively identifies all non-citizens, deports those with violent criminal records. Immigrants that came here illegally of their own accord should have no pathway to citizenship with the exception of military service.
We do not support amnesty. Work permits for non-citizens should be issued only to those who submit to a positive ID process including criminal background check and agree to pay fines and penalty payroll taxes in excess of taxes paid by citizens.
Employers of non-citizens should be required to match those penalty payroll taxes as an incentive to hire U.S. citizens first!
August 25th, 2009 in Latest News
August 10th, 2009 in Latest News
June 4th, 2008 in Latest News